Here are some of the quick renderings which we churned up for V.
MAID's cum PLAYROOM
There wasn't much major changes to the maid's cum playroom as it was already quite fully utilised.
What we proposed was to have an accent wall (dark to medium grey) to add some contrast to the overall white room and propose some fun posters to the wall.
We also proposed more storage space for her children's toys as well as a playmat; adjust her tv console and sofa to the corner by the window to enjoy the natural daylight.
V's problem was that there just wasn't enough storage space for all her 3 children's toys so most of the time it's left "stored" in her living area.
|BEFORE - MAIDS ROOM|
|AFTER - MAIDS ROOM|
V's challenge was to have another sleeping area for her second son and the previous ID did 2 boxed up area and thus greatly reduced the width of this room. So to add another bed and study area was a headache for her.
We played with the idea of symmetry and introduced a "mirror" image concept to this room, thereby creating an illusion that the room is very "long".
Another exactly the same bed and study desk and chair was proposed and signature lampshades above the beds to give this illusion.
- extra shelving for her sons' books and what-nots.
- sticker behind door for fun and texture
|BEFORE- SON'S ROOM|
|AFTER - SON'S ROOM|
V was quite happy with her Master room except that it was just not personalised. It just wasn't "V" yet.
The room was brightly lit and spacious. However she lacked storage space again for her extra mattress and linen.
So we proposed extra storage space under her bed, rows of chest of drawers for more clothings or linen, a study table for her beside her vanity table so that she can do some light work or study if she requires and lastly we noticed that she lacked a full length mirror - something which she was quite pleased with our little thought.
- another study chair similar to her vanity chair which she is currently having
- storage box by the end of her bed
- laundry basket
- bedside lamps
- big frames above the bed to accentuate the alcove wall
|BEFORE - MASTER|
Here's another view of the master from the window sill
Here's the area where her 2 sons love to play and have most of their toys laid on the floor, and after playing, there was no space or storage to keep them so they just leave them on the floor.
What we have proposed is to re-adjust the 2 retro single chairs so that it will form a dialogue with the coffee table and sofa. As you can see from the photo, there's still relatively some space between the tv console and the sofa, thus we proposed for her to shift her sofa forward so that she can line the window area with cupboards.
- retro print cushions for the sofa so that it will blend nicely with the retro chairs
- a row of cupboards behind the sofa to keep all the toys
- feature wall with ledge that allows V to hold her photo portrait and can change periodically
- a bench for her visitors to sit during festive occassion like Xmas and CNY
- feature table lamp on her row of cupboards
it's a pity that I didn't manage to take her daughter's room because her daughter was having tuition.
Here's the proposed rendering which we did.
- shift the bed to one side with shelving above and study lamp
- more storage units with study nook in between.
- blue accent wall which is her daughter's favourite colour
- chalkboard paint on the door for her daughter to doodle and leave notes