Friday, March 26, 2010

Stirling HDB Terrace - #46 Floor Lamp

OUR ARCO LAMP

The last time I was blogging about my little cozy corner where I have my little window for me to peer through and read my magazines + drink tea with orange biscuits and shortcakes...well this is the floor lamp that we have purchased last year, just after we paid our OTP (option to purchase).

One of our favourite pieces of furniture from FLOS , besides our Zanotta sofa.
The timeless Arco Lamp by Achille Castiglioni and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni perfectly encompasses both form and function. The polished Aluminum domed shade is beautifully balanced by a heavy marble base (note: this fixture weighs well over 100 pounds!).

White Carrara marble base with satin-finish stainless steel telescopic stem. Pressed, polished and zapon-varnished aluminum swiveling and height-adjustable reflector. Foot switch on power cord.

Just a little complaint, my marble piece is starting to colour/stain...sobsob. not as white as it used to be.






and now it's the time to find my daybed! I'm really interested in the Mies one! Or maybe I'll just beg my mum to give me her corbusier one. hiak hiak hiak. And of cos I need to find my coffee table next!!! And I'm really lovin' the saarinen tulip table. See how the above picture of the arco lamp beside a full fixed glass...sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...