Friday, September 20, 2013

Babymoon - Hong Kong Day 2


Our 2nd day in Hongkong. This morning, we took the train down to Jordan because I wanted to eat the Australian Diary Milk Pudding but it's still closed!!! So i had no choice but to settle my stomach elsewhere, had the usual HK breakfast - instant noodles with luncheon meat and toast with egg on the side, washed down with a cuppa hot milk tea.

sigh, can't believe my luck. The Australian Diary Milk is closed for 2 days in a row.
after breakfast, I took the MTR to Tung Chung. Today we are suppose to sit the cable car at Ngong Ping and visit Tai-O.

Guess what!!!
The cable car is under service to 22nd Sept - which is the day that I'm leaving!!! *grumbles*
Hubs consoled me that it's a sign that we will have to come back to Hong Kong to do the cable car ride and visit Tai-O another time.

So i ended up shopping at Citygate outlet mall instead and bought baby rompers for our dear "turnip".
He's called "turnip" at the moment because he's about the size of a turnip.

after visiting the Citygate outlet mall, we made our way down to SOHO to see HOMELESS, GOD, Lyndust terrace to eat my egg tart and my favourite wanton noodle shop too - where the wanton are full and plump with prawns (not shrimps!) and the soup is so soulful that it comes in a very very small bowl and if you want a refill for the soup, you got to pay extra.



Lan Fong Yuen is another Cha Chan Teng which I want to visit on my next visit to Hong Kong...sigh.
I really have to return to HK again soon!!!

That night we just ate at a local Cha Chan Teng where hubs ordered a plate of char siew roasted pork rice while i had a bowl of plain congee and a plate of oyster sauce kai lan.

After dinner, we walked around Mongkok for awhile and we ate Fei Jie Snacks - ordered the sticks of cuttlefish, intestines big and small and innards which hubs passed all to me. Plus a bowl of spicy fishballs and a bowl of daikon and we called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...