Thursday, September 19, 2013

Babymoon - Hongkong Day 1

For those who aren't parents yet, Babymoon - the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby.
haha...so this is me and hubs in Hongkong before terror 2 arrives!
we managed to get cheap flights out to Hongkong via cathay pacific. the flight cost us about $230 per pax with tax included. So we are on our 4days 2 nights Babymoon in Hong Kong!!!
We arrived at HK airport around 11am, took a taxi down to Mongkok where we will be calling Stanford hotel as our home for the next 4 days. After we check in and they upgraded us to a deluxe suite, we dropped our bags and headed for the Municipal Building to have a good bowl of hot congee! My favourite kind of breakfast.

the grass fish congee here is uber fresh and chokeful of fish bites!
You wouldn't regret coming here! It's one of my favourite congee places in HK.


this is about the only photo of me and hubs because (i blame it on my pregnant brain) i accidentally deleted all my Hong Kong photos from my camera after I came back to Singapore and there's really no way to recover the lost photos. These pathetic few photos are from Hubs camera... sob sob.
Yup, I'm still pretty sore about the lost.
Hubs says this teaches me a lesson.
WHAT????
I'm the one with the pregnant brain! - that alone gives me loads of excuses, what lesson!!!
Somebody please make a man pregnant!!!


after my breakfast congee, I walked around Fa Yuen Street to work off my carbs and 2pm, I needed somewhere to rest my feet. So I hopped into Kam Wah Cafe - another one of my favourite spots in Mongkok. Love their pineapple buns and HK styled milk tea in black cow print. Really really love this place. I don't mind sharing tables too! Actually I'm quite comfy with ta-tai with the locals already!!!

after my rest at Kam Wah cafe, I shopped a bit at Argyle Shopping Centre. Reminds me of my time in Shenzhen actually. I bought only one skirt there although the building was like 4 storeys high and with loads of itsy bitsy shops. I AM IN CONTROL!!!!
back to Fa Yuen Street where I bought a Cath Kidston Magazine bag, a red beanie shaped like a rabbit's ear (something which i have been eyeing for the longest time on the internet). hahah.

swoosh goes my hair! and I'm eating a smelly tofu here.
after walking around Jerde's Langham place, cos hubs wanted to visit H&M. We didn't buy a single thing there, bought a Xu Liu Shan mango Hashima jelly drink and we went back to the hotel to shower and rest.
Once we have rested enough, we took the MTR down to Jordan and found out that both Australian Diary Milk pudding and Mak Man Kee are both closed because it's the Mid Autumn's Festival (it's a public holiday in HK here apparently!!!)

So upsetting.

I went to Yee Shun Milk company to have my ginger milk pudding while hubs ordered a pork chop sandwich.
Dinner was at temple street where I usually go for my seafood craving. Temple street is not as vibrant as ladies market... but the seafood stalls are still doing pretty ok.
here's a look at what we devour that night.

cuttlefish stir fried with veg
steam jumbo prawns with garlic
steam razor clams with garlic

OMG. i was so full after that meal and i walked from temple street all the way back to Mongkok!
it's about 3 stations apart.






hubs calls it the "AFTERMATH". BURP!!!!
HAPPY MID AUTUMN'S FESTIVAL TO ALL YOU PEEPS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...