- 1 cup of rice, washed and cooked in the rice cooker
- quarter pumpkin (I'm using butterscotch pumpkin here but normal ones are fine too!)
- chinese mushrooms or shitake mushrooms, diced (if you soak the chinese mushrooms, can use the mushroom water later)
- 8 cloves of garlic, diced
- half an onion, diced
- 1 chinese sausage, diced
- once the rice is done. Start to stir fry diced garlic and onions in a wok or large saucepan, add in the mushrooms and chinese sausages, fry till fragrant.
- Add in the pumpkin, stir fry for 5 mins under high heat.
- Add in rice, add in mushroom water
- Cover and simmer to cook the pumpkin for about 10mins or till pumpkin is soft and tender when poked with a fork.
- Add salt, soy sauce and sugar to taste.
- Ready to Serve.