Monday, June 09, 2014

DIY - Concrete Plant Pot

 Hi there.

it's me updating on my latest craze material for my DIY projects- concrete!
This week I'm doing a concrete plant pot using my detergent bottle as the base mould and my son's favourite Meiji yoghurt cups for the indents. Here's how.

you will need:
1. one large mould for the base. For this I'm using my dynamo detergent. Cut the bottom, leaving about 6 inches thick.
2. yoghurt cups. Or any other cups. Some folks online uses their children's playdoh cups. I'll use anything as long as they are bigger than the tealight candle's base.
3. pot for stirring concrete mix
4. stick to stir the concrete mix

after 4 days of drying, hubs had to use pliers to pry open the mould. no easy feat. the plastic was damn tough. And the succulents are from IKEA. $2.90 per pot.

thanks for dropping by my concrete DIY project 
and 
hope your Monday went well!

2 comments:

  1. Sweeet11:16 am

    How did you make the bottom of the mould so pretty too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, the dynamo detergent's bottom had a "ribbed" design, so it just came out like this!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...